Ice-skating is fun and can be enjoyed by everyone. Regardless of your level of skill, there are elements of risk in ice-skating. Use common sense, show courtesy to others, and anticipate dangerous situations before they arise.
The following guidelines are some basic elements of common sense and courtesy.
- SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK. All skaters assume all risks of losses due to injury, accidents, theft, or other
damage, which may be sustained while on the ice or in the rink area.
- Always stay in control and be able to stop and avoid other skaters. While on the ice, keep moving;
don't stop where you obstruct other skaters and don't skate in groups. Skaters ahead of you have the
right of way and it is your responsibility to avoid hitting them or disrupting them.
No speeding • No weaving • No roughness • No snowball or other throwing
- Before getting on the ice, look for oncoming skaters and keep exits clear. Never sit on top of the
- Don't carry children or personal items while skating. There is no eating, drinking, or smoking while on
the ice. Minors must be accompanied on the ice and supervised at all times by an adult.
- During resurfacing stay off the ice as Rink equipment can be dangerous.
- Never go on the ice without skates and never wear skates on the concrete.
- Follow the directions and instructions of Staff and Ice Hosts at all times. Failure to do so will result in
ejection. Report any hazards to Ice Hosts.
- Respect the ice and please do not litter or use foul language.
This is just a partial list. There are elements of risk that common sense and personal awareness can help reduce. You are ultimately responsible for your personal safety.
Use caution, skate in control and respect other skaters. Ice Hosts cannot guarantee your safety and will not be able to protect you from injury. It is your responsibility to avoid other skaters and hazards. Failure to use good judgment, abide and accept the Assumption of Risk, or to follow the Responsibility Code will result in the loss of skating privileges.
BY RENTING SKATES OR OTHER SKATING EQUIPMENT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOLLOWING:
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I am aware that ice-skating involves certain inherent risks, dangers and hazards, which can result in serious personal injury or death. I am also aware that the use of skating equipment can involve risk of personal injury or death. As such, I hereby freely agree to assume and accept any and all known and unknown risks of injury while skating at the Rink or use of this equipment. I further recognize and acknowledge that the risks inherent in the sport of ice-skating can be reduced by: taking lessons, abiding by the Responsibility Code and using common sense.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS AGREEMENT: In consideration of the loan or rental to me of the listed ice-skating equipment, I hereby agree to the fullest extent permitted by law, as follows:
- TO ACCEPT FOR USE AS IS, the equipment described in this Agreement, and to keep it in my possession at all times.
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the Rink, the Rental Shop, its employees and its owner, Willy Bietak Productions.
- TO RELEASE the Rink from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury or expense I may suffer, or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my use of the equipment described in this Agreement, due to any cause whatsoever, including negligence or breach of contract regarding the design, manufacture, selection, installation, maintenance or adjustment of the equipment.
- EQUIPMENT: Ice Rental Equipment
BINDING EFFECT OF AGREEMENT: In the event of my death or incapacity, this Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT: In entering into this Agreement, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations other than what is set forth in this Agreement.